Baby, it's hot outside! As the ambient air temperature rises, people's tempers may rise too. If you find yourself feeling irritable, impatient, short tempered, or easy to anger, take care. It is wise to make cooling choices this time of year.
How do we do that? Consider these simple tips:
* Drink cool water frequently throughout the day (but not with meals);
* Add cooling foods, and those with high moisture content, to your diet (fresh fruits and vegetables are great this time of year, especially cucumbers, pomegranate, coconut, watermelon)
* Use ghee and/or coconut oil for cooking, as they are very cooling, on the inside, and outside, too. Try rubbing the oil all over your body before showering.
* Exercise in the cooler hours of early morning and do your best to stay out of the hot afternoon sun.
* Where cotton clothing, as it breathes and cools the best of all fabrics.
* Give yourself (and others) more time to arrive at meetings, etc. in order to remain calm enroute.
* Reduce your to-do list in order to allow for the apathy or sense of tiredness that may set in as the result of the heat. Rest makes everything better.
Other ideas? Please share them in the comment box, below.
For a delightful summer iced tea recipe, read the following post. Enjoy!